Unbeknownst to many, investing in dental implants comes with many benefits. This restorative procedure allows people a second opportunity at a stunning and natural looking smile while also restoring their dental health and function. Most importantly, dental implants help prevent further damage and protect your oral health for years to come.
At Bauer & Howard Dental Care, we are dedicated to providing the best high-quality care with outstanding results. If you currently have missing teeth in your smile, explore reasons why you should invest in dental implants. In fact, here are five ways dental implants can fix existing oral health problems.
1. Gum Health: Dental implants help prevent gum disease by replacing missing teeth. When gaps are neglected, the empty sockets become vulnerable to bacteria and infections. Additionally, missing teeth allow for neighboring, healthy teeth to move out of place and aggravate the gums. By filling the empty sockets with dental implants, a patient can help prevent more serious repercussions.
2. Weakening Jawbone: Immediately after losing a tooth, the jawbone surrounding the missing tooth begins to weaken. This deterioration is caused by a lack of stimulation needed for a healthy, strong jawbone. However, by investing in dental implants a patient can help prevent this deterioration and instead, enjoy a strong smile for a lifetime.
3. Cavities and Tooth Decay: Investing in dental implants can help reverse and prevent cavities and tooth decay by replacing missing gaps in the smile. When teeth go missing, neighboring teeth become vulnerable to infection and disease. However, because dental implants are not susceptible to decay, filling in those open gaps help keep your mouth clean and healthy.
4. Bite Alignment: Having a misaligned bite can cause your existing teeth to move out of place, corrupting your bite alignment even further. However, choosing dental implants can help conserve the alignment of your smile and bite by preventing your healthy teeth from shifting out of place.
5. Neighboring Teeth: Empty sockets in your mouth are the perfect place for bacteria to accumulate and fester. Therefore, neglecting treatment can impact the health of your neighboring teeth by allowing an infection to spread faster. In order to avoid this issue, patients can replace missing teeth with dental implants and save healthy teeth from future extraction.
Explore Treatment at Bauer & Howard Dental Care
If you have empty gaps in your smile, contact our dentists in Hastings, NE for a consultation. Our goal is to help treat your smile before serious damage occurs. At Bauer & Howard Dental Care, we’ll deliver the exceptional treatment you deserve. Contact us today to get started.